Facial vouchers in Brisbane: things to know before you go
If you've not had facial treatment before or want to know where the best offers can be found, check out our answers to some frequently asked questions.
What are the benefits of facial treatment?
A facial is the perfect way to pamper your skin and boost your mood. Some of the benefits include:
- Reduces stress: Classic facial treatments include a head and neck massage, making them a great choice if you want to fully unwind.
- Opens pores: A cleansing facial can get rid of dead skin cells and pollutants that build up on your skin, reducing the risk of acne and blemishes.
- Hydrates skin: If you suffer from dry or flaky skin, a hydrating facial can rebalance your moisture levels and leave your skin feeling smooth.
- Tackles ageing: Microdermabrasion and other anti-ageing facials are designed to boost collagen production and reveal younger looking skin.
What facial treatments are available?
There are beauty and spa venues across Brisbane where you can find facial deals that cover many treatments to suit all skin types. Here are just a few popular options:
- LED therapy: This rejuvenating treatment targets inflammation and blemishes, making it ideal for mild to moderate acne. Find it at Shiera Wellbeing Centre in the CBD.
- Dermatherapy facial: Designed to reduce the signs of ageing, dryness and dull skin, dermatherapy facials are available at Infinity Massage & Body Therapies.
- Microdermabrasion: An advanced exfoliating technique that removes dead skin cells to reveal a brighter complexion underneath. Try it at A&Co Hair Beauty in Taringa.
Still not sure of the best option? Check out our useful guide to find out which facial is right for you.
Extraction might be the perfect choice for your facial if you struggle with persistent black or whiteheads. It's designed to clear out the follicles and remove all the dirt and dead cells that are trapped underneath and cause breakouts. It can involve:
- Steaming: The skin is cleansed and exfoliated before steam is used to open the pores.
- Extractions: A trained esthetician will apply pressure to your pimples and blackheads to loosen plugs of cells that lie underneath.
- High frequency treatment: Sometimes used after the extraction, to kill off any remaining bacteria on the skin.
What's the cheapest type of facial?
If you're looking for cheap facials in Brisbane, why not choose a hydrating facial or simple exfoliation with a massage? These can be less expensive than more advanced treatments such as microdermabrasion and LED therapy. Here are just a few of the most highly rated and affordable treatments in and around the Queensland capital:
- 60-minute hydrating facial: This treatment involves cleansing, exfoliation and a clay mask to soften your skin and fight blemishes. Find it at Top Beauty in MacGregor for as little as $39.
- Facial massage and exfoliation: Designed to restore a healthy glow, it's sure to leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed. Try it at Urban Thai Massage and Spa for 40% off..
- Cleansing facial: A 30-minute deep cleansing facial can remove dirt, oil and bacteria to smooth and brighten your skin. It's available at Tru2u Glamour for only $29.
- Ayurvedic glow facial: Relax and unwind with this cleansing and brightening facial, complemented with an arm or head massage. Find it at 1st Lady Health & Beauty with 67% off the total price.